Are you a full stack software developer who likes working closely with end users and being involved in all aspects of the business instead of just coding every day? Do you want to have a real impact on the climate by helping electrify the vehicle fleets smarter and cheaper?
ChargeSim is a SaaS software company accelerating the transition to electric vehicles by helping vehicle operators find the right chargers and electricity capacity to charge their vehicles. Our simulation tools currently help transit operators and fleet owners around the world better plan their electric bus and truck bases, saving them money while saving the environment.
We want to bring a new member to our start up team with multiple skills and the ambition to learn a few more.
Help us expand, improve EV charging, and the environment!
In this role you are primarily responsible to enhance theChargeSim platform by building out new functionality and taking it to market. There are opportunities to contribute in sales and marketing if you would like to grow into those functions, but the principal responsibility is software development.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities(about 2/3 of your tasks): End-to-end software development in React and Python:
- Working with customers and prospects to understand their needs
- Translate customer needs into code solutions (without layers of product managers, scrum masters, account managers, product owners, project managers and middle management….);
- Communicate the functionalities in clear terms to customers
- End to end accountability to implement, document, validate and deploy the solutions;
- Continuously strive for customer satisfaction.
Additionally, this role assists to support and advise customers on their problems and needs related to the ChargeSim platform.
- Understand and customers’ design problem and needs
- Help solve, all aspects from the customers design problem to the user interface, and the simulation core
- Help them use the tool as effectively as possible to electrify their fleet at lower cost
Finally, as a start up team member, this role is an active support to other internal projects related to sales and marketing.
- Represent ChargeSim at trade shows and conferences
- Run demos and present solutions
- Engage and interact with potential new clients
- Support the creation of marketing material
To be successful, you will need to be comfortable coding in react in the morning, meeting a customer in the afternoon and going to a trade show the next day. We don’t expect you to be a master at all of these, but you should be good at coding and eager to jump in and learn about the rest.
Software Skills (not all required, but more is better, and willing to learn others)
- Python, React, Postgres, SQLAlchemy, FastAPI
- AWS serverless stack including Amplify, Lambda functions, API Gateway, RDS / Postgres, Fargate / Docker, CodePipeline
- Experience with Constraint Solvers
- Familiar with, or willing learn about both EV charging and simulations in modern cloud software.
- OCPP protocol for controlling EV Chargers.
- Degree in Physics, Mathematics, Electrical, Civil or Software Engineering or similar preferred but not required.
- 4+ years software development experience
- Passionate about helping reduce global energy demands through efficiency.
- Learning agility: Multi talented and able to pick up new skills and roles quickly, adapting with the needs as the company grows.
- Quality driven – our tools need to be solid and reliable
- Good English verbal and written communication skills
- Build appropriate rapport with clients to understand their needs, translate them into code to solve the problem and helping customers use ChargeSim to solve their problems.
- Data driven and analytical
- Strong Integrity, be forward if a solution won't work.
- Speak up and provide constructive feedback
Bonus Points (These are beneficial for the position, but not required)
- Knowledge of EV charging
- UI / UX design experience, especially for working with complex data or design tools.
- Experience with fleet vehicle operations, such as transit or trucking
- Experience working in a start-up
- Teaching/Training experience
- Experience building simulation tools
- Experience running a modern production web tool
- Fluent in Dutch, French, German or other European languages.
- ChargeSim is a small company, so you will work directly with the CEO and contribute to many aspects of the business.
- You will get to see the smile on the customers face when the software you built solves their problem.
- Open choice of hardware / development tools
- Complex problem-solving opportunity with the chance to learn and grow.
- Responsibility for end-to-end development and performance of new features.
- Competitive Salary
- Get to directly see the impact of your work on the Company growth.
- Opportunity to pick up new responsibilities as they come along and gain skills in different directions.
- Flexible work environment, breaks for sports or personal activities
- Office in Microlab co-working space in Strijp-S in Eindhoven, including weekly drinks with other startups in the building, parties, fitness classes and other events.
Strijp-S district in Eindhoven, NL. Substantial working from home is possible, however we won't consider a fully remote applicant.
Some travel, ~10% will be expected including potentially to the US,Canada and throughout Europe for training courses and conferences.
- We are looking for a full-time (32-40hrs/week negotiable) employee to be based in the Netherlands, and candidates must be able to work legally in The Netherlands. We are not considering sponsoring visa applications at this time.
- We are not considering recruiting agencies or outsourcing agencies.
- ChargeSim is committed to diversity, non-discrimination and inclusion and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.